Valley Investment Initiative (VII)
VII is an economic development incentive program jointly conducted by TVA and participating local power companies. VII offers competitive incentives to eligible customers who make multi-year commitments to invest in the Valley.
Customers in targeted sectors whose facilities meet the following qualifiers may apply to be evaluated for a VII award:
- Minimum 250 kilowatt peak monthly demand
- Minimum 25 employees and no plans to reduce workforce by 50% or more
- Financially sound
- Existing industry: projected five-year capital investment of either 25% of plant’s book value or $100 million
- Newly locating company: projected five-year capital investment of $2.5 million
- Standard power contract with a remaining term at least as long as the five-year VII award period
Award amounts are based on a customer’s five-year projections and actual performance in these categories:
- Capital investment
- Jobs added or retained
- Average wages paid
- Annual load factor
To learn more about this program, please contact the economic development specialist who serves your area. See these Representatives by counties served.