TVA’s Retail Development Program helps foster business growth by:
- Linking Valley communities with commercial business opportunities that promote capital investment, support job growth, expand the local tax and revenue base, and enhance property values.
- Providing communities with practical insights into retail development processes.
- Helping existing retailers and other small businesses gain a better understanding of their trade area and customer base through market intelligence.
- Workshops and discussions to help community leaders further understand retail development and develop targeted retail strategies.
- Access to consumer business information, databases, maps, expansion plans, and marketing resources to support retail development initiatives.
To discuss program offerings for your community, please contact:
28 Century Blvd., Suite 100, Nashville, TN 37214
Since 1994, Buxton has been the industry leader in customer analytics for the retail industry.
- Its focus now includes healthcare organizations, consumer packaged goods manufacturers, and city governments and tourism insights.
- Buxton draws from its individual and household-level data to determine lifestyles and buying habits, clearly identify an organization’s best customers, and find more like them anywhere in the U.S.
- Among its 2000+ clients are retailers Lowe’s, Sally Beauty Supply, FedEx, Restoration Hardware and T.G.I. Friday’s.
The ICSC offers a number of member services:
- It helps them develop their business through education, research, information, deal-making, and action on legislation and regulation.
- It hosts conferences and local, state, and regional alliance meetings that bring together developers, property owners, retailers, and lenders for education and deal-making.
- It offers several useful industry publications, such as Retail Perspective, and a full line of industry-specific books and manuals.
Retail Strategies, LLC (RS) is a retail consulting firm based in Birmingham offering market analysis, strategic planning, and retail recruitment services to municipalities and economic development authorities.
- RS partners with the appropriate city agencies to identify, through in-depth research and analysis, opportunities to recruit retail concepts that expand and improve the retail tenant mix and retail tax base throughout the client’s community.
- The goal of services is to help municipalities better understand the strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities in their retail trade areas through demographic and business analysis, retail gap analysis, and peer analysis.
- Once the research assessment is completed, RS then focuses on the primary benefit of RS consulting services – the retail recruitment strategic plan and proactive recruitment of retailers on behalf of and with the municipality. The conclusions of retail research reports are far more effective when executing with a Strategic Retail Recruitment Plan.