Power Reliability and Rate Options
You can depend on TVA electricity to be there when you need it.
- Since 2000, the TVA system has delivered 99.999 percent transmission reliability.
- Our robust network, which includes 16,000 miles of transmission line and 487 substations and switchyards, is more than sufficient to supply our 80,000-square-mile service region.
By partnering with our 155 distributors of TVA power and our directly served large industries and federal installations, we ensure that businesses receiving TVA power enjoy one of the most reliable and efficient power systems in the nation.
TVA’s vision is to be one of the nation's leading providers of competitively priced and cleaner energy by 2020.
- TVA understands that controlling power costs while protecting reliability is critical in helping companies grow.
- We keep our rates competitive by maintaining a diverse portfolio of nuclear, hydro, coal and renewable generation.
- This generating diversity allows TVA to significantly reduce its exposure to sector-associated risk and commodity price spikes.
- Thanks to this flexibility, TVA’s industrial rates consistently remain below the national average.
Rate credits and overlay power
There are many ways in which TVA and the distributors of TVA power can help you use electricity more efficiently and cost-effectively. The way your business uses power may help determine the rate you pay for that power and lower your costs. Depending on your business circumstances and power use, you may be eligible for some of these rate options from participating distributors:
TVA’s Off-Peak Pricing overlay allows your company to add load in off-peak periods at aggressive pricing. Participants benefit from the ability to “average down” their overall unit cost.
Reserve Preservation (RP) provides participating commercial and industrial customers with credits on their power bills in exchange for giving TVA the right to suspend the availability of power with a 30-minute notice during times of peak system demand as well as in response to power pricing signals in the market.
Small Manufacturing Credit
Companies whose monthly demand falls between 1,000 and 5,000 kilowatts and whose SIC code is between 20 and 39 will qualify to receive the Small Manufacturing Credit, a rate product that helps small manufacturers remain competitive.
To learn more, view Competitive Rates and Power Reliability.